Property Insurance

Property insurance, also commonly called Homeowner's Insurance or Hazard Insurance, is a type of insurance that covers a private property.

This insurance policy combines the various personal insurance protections, which can include losses occurring to one's home, its contents, loss of use (additional living expenses) or loss of other personal possessions of the homeowner, as well as liability insurance for any accidents that may occur either at your home or at the hands of the homeowner within the policy territory.

There are different types of property insurance, just as there is with vehicle insurance.  To find out more about the different types of property insurance available, please learn more below about each type of coverage.

Typical Home Insurance Coverages:
  • Coverage A - Dwelling - covers the dwelling itself (not including the land) and any attached structures (porches, decks and garages)
  • Coverage B - Other Structures - covers other structures around the property that are not used for business
  • Coverage c - Personal Property - covers personal property of the policy holder, with limits for theft and loss of particular classes of items (i.e. money, banknotes, coins, etc)
  • Coverage D - Loss of Use/Additional Living Expenses - covers expenses associated with additional living expenses (i.e. rent) because of consequences of not being able to use the property because of damages
  • Additional Coverages - Covers a variety of expenses such as debris removal, reasonable repairs, damages to trees and shrubs (excluding damages caused by wind or ice), fire department charges, just to name a few.  These are dependent on the forms attached to the policy
  • Additional Endorsements - Additional coverages normally excluded on your homeowners policy; Water, sewer backup coverage, service line protection and equipment breakdown are the most popular endorsements added.
  • Exclusions - specific exclusions to the policy will be named in this section.  They may include water damage, power failure, war, nuclear hazard, etc.
  • Floods - flood damage coverage is typically excluded from standard homeowners and renters policies.  Flood coverage is available in the form of a separate policy

Nauholz Insurance - Sumner, IA Property Insurancer
Get a home insurance quote today!

Contact Nauholz Insurance to learn more about the right property insurance for you!